en

Former Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Sopel c | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
seestyle
seestyle Sep 15
Several former NHL players have willingly entered the conversation about. Others, such as Brent Sopel, have been thrown into it.Sean Avery sparked the investigation when he for causing a too many men on the ice penalty. , "I talked about his physical abuse in my book fouryears ago kicking me and others on the bench."MORE:Sopel, on the other hand, did not willingly offer insight Hector Rondon Jersey into Crawford's coaching tactics, and he spokeup about the confusion . Sopel seemed to be making an allegation during an appearance onpodcast."The stories I shared on 'Spittin' Chiclets'have recently been cited alongside accusations made by other players against CoachMarc Crawford," Sopel wrote."It was not my Jose Altuve Jersey intent to make any allegations against anyone or any organization. I was only speaking to how Coach Crawford affected me. I cannot speak for how others were affected by him. I played hundreds of games for Coach Crawford, including a season where I posted 42 points. He found ways to motivate me and make me a better player. He molded me into a player that went on to win a Stanley Cup in Chicago."Sopel played three seasons in Chicago, winning the Cup in 2010.His sevenseasons under Crawford were with the Vancouver Canucks (1998-2004) andLos Angeles Kings (2006-07)."I recognize and respect that different coaching Josh Reddick Jersey tactics affect people in different ways. Just as I prefer others not speak on my behalf about my life experiences, I will not comment on Coach Crawford's impact on other players. Those are not my stories to tell," Sopel wrote.MORE:Barstool asked Sopel about how things might have changed when Crawford and Sopelwere reunited in Los Angeles after the coach "tortured" the player earlier in his career."Yeah, it's changed. It's started to change a little bit, but,yeah, it was different," Sopel said of coacheslike Crawford, who "were the bo s and they made it known.""I can'tspeak for him," the defenseman said of whether Crawford Jimmy Wynn Jersey feels remorseful about how he treated players. "I don't know if he is or not. I don't know even if he looked at it outside the box, meaning, 'All right, this is just the only way I had to coach' . . . Maybe that washis way of coaching."Obviously, times have changed now Gerrit Cole Jersey . If you did that s now, you wouldn't be around, you'd be fing, pack your bags in a second and be gone," Sopel told Barstool. "I had to go through every struggle and every scar to get to where I am today."